Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
December 12, 2010"Off with their heads!"
– protestors in London, assaulting a car bearing Prince Charles and Camilla
December 10, 2010"We are owned by propagandists against the Arabs. There's no question about that. Congress, the White House, and Hollywood, Wall Street, are owned by the Zionists. No question in my opinion."
– former White House correspondent Helen Thomas
December 09, 2010"Last month, Russia was the No. 1 source of spam in the world. It's probably because of Oleg Nikolaenko, a 23-year-old who was recently arrested for flooding the world with 10 billion spam emails a day."
– Adrian Chen, in Gawker story
December 08, 2010"BLAM!"
– Brookings Institution senior fellow Michael O'Hanlon, asked what he would do if he were sitting across the table from Julian Assange
December 06, 2010"Oregon plays so fast that it is not uncommon for it to snap the ball just seven seconds into the 40-second play clock, long before defenses are accustomed to being set. That is so quick that opponents have no ability to substitute between plays and fans at home do not have time to run to the fridge."
– Pete Thamel, in NYT story about UofO Ducks and this flop video
December 05, 2010"Am I doing interviews? I thought I got to talk to the nice people. And where's our music and where's our good enthusiasm?"
– Sarah Palin, at a book signing, when the loud country music her handlers use to discourage press questions abruptly stopped
December 03, 2010"I just tweet. That's the way I roll."
– Sarah Palin
December 01, 2010"Yo being nice is my whole shit now."
– Kanye West, in a recent tweet
November 30, 2010"They're not going to let red and green into the classroom...How do you equate red and green with Jesus?...Take away the nativity scene and now you're going to take away red and green?"
– Gretchen Carlson on Fox & Friends, reporting a false story about a Florida elementary school banning Christmas colors. Five years ago Bill O'Reilly was forced to retract a similar false report about a school in Texas.
November 29, 2010"I recently won in court to stop my book 'America by Heart' from being leaked, but US Govt can't stop Wikileaks' treasonous act?"
– Sarah Palin, tweeting