Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
January 20, 2011"Anybody here today who has not accepted Jesus Christ as their savior, I'm telling you, you're not my brother and you're not my sister, and I want to be your brother."
– Robert Bentley, delivering a speech in a church shortly after being sworn in as governor of Alabama
January 20, 2011"A lot still needs to be done in China in terms of human rights."
– Chinese President Hu Jintao
January 19, 2011"Global Warming? Did you catch our debate at 6:15 ET? There are smart people on both sides who cite evidence of their positions, yet come up with wildly different conclusions. So which is it -- is the Earth getting warmer or not? Please try to offer some evidence of your theory, rather than just your 'hunch.' K?"
– Fox & Friends blog
January 18, 2011"For the children, you just hope the movies do well enough so you can keep them in private schools."
– Robert DeNiro, on receiving a lifetime achievement award at the Golden Globes
January 17, 2011"We have every right to go in there and frankly take all their oil and make them pay for the liberation."
– Sean Hannity on Kuwait
January 13, 2011"When you represent a district -- the home of the O.K. Corral and Tombstone, the town too tough to die -- nothing's a surprise."
– Rep. Gabriele Giffords, brushing off a 2009 incident in which a demonstrator's pistol fell out of his holster
January 13, 2011"Yeah, the whole Tea Party."
– Spencer Giffords, asked if his daughter had any enemies
January 12, 2011"What Mr. Loughner knows is that he has the full support of a major political party in this country."
– Rush Limbaugh on Dems
January 11, 2011"It's a surveyor's symbol."
– aide Rebecca Mansour, describing the crosshairs on a Sarah Palin electoral map posted in 2010
January 10, 2011"Please look into protection for your family. An attempt on you could bring the Republic down."
– Glenn Beck in an email to Sarah Palin