Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
May 10, 2011"Osama bin Laden is dead! Happy days! Happy days, everybody! This is the greatest night of my career!"
– Geraldo Rivera, confirming that even the death of Osama bin Laden is about him
May 09, 2011"The National Institute for Literacy estimates that 47% of adults (more than 200,000 individuals) in the City of Detroit are functionally illiterate, referring to the inability of an individual to use reading, speaking, writing, and computational skills in everyday life situations. We also know that of the 200,000... approximately half have a high school diploma or GED..."
– from a recent report
May 06, 2011"Probably the most important moment maybe in American history."
– Condoleezza Rice on President Bush at Ground Zero
May 05, 2011"A similar death and a similar taking away...The question comes down to this: what will you say to that next generation about what you did to make sure that wouldn't be their fate?"
– Michele Bachmann on taxes and the Holocaust
May 04, 2011"55%"
– percentage of Republicans who, after release of Obama's long-form birth certificate, still think he was not, or might not have been, born in the U.S.
May 03, 2011"There is nobody who is less of a racist than Donald Trump."
– Donald Trump
May 02, 2011"Not a great country."
– Donald Trump on the U.S.
April 30, 2011"Listen, you mother******s, we're going to tax you 25 percent!"
– Donald Trump, on how he'd tell China he's adding an export tariff
April 29, 2011"There are certainly the mothers of some eligible young aristocratic women who are very disappointed, who feel their daughters have been pipped at the post."
– BBC royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell
April 28, 2011"You may be rubbed red sore in 200-year-old tight buckskin breeches that 20 men have worn before you."
– retired Duke of Edinburgh head coachman David E. Saunders, on the travails of wedding duty