Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
February 21, 2013"President Obama wants to raise your taxes so he can pay people $1.2 million to play World of Warcraft."
– Eric Cantor tweet
February 19, 2013"When a physician removes a child from a woman, that is the largest organ in a body. That's a big thing. That's a big surgery. You don't have any other organs in your body that are bigger than that."
– Alabama state Rep. Mary Sue McClurkin, supporting legislation that would impose restrictions on abortion clinics
February 18, 2013"I'm asking you, do you care whether four Americans died?"
– Sen. John McCain to David Gregory on Meet the Press, re: Benghazi
February 15, 2013"They held her up as a victim. What was she the victim of? Rashes on the bottom of her feet?"
– Fox News host Bill Hemmer, mocking Desiline Victor, the 102-year-old woman who was applauded at the State of the Union for making two trips and waiting for three hours in order to vote
February 14, 2013"After Hurricane Sandy, we saw the hellish world that the gun prohibitionists see as their utopia. Looters ran wild in south Brooklyn."
– NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre
February 13, 2013"On the third floor, there were two chicks yelling at us and the point man was yelling at them and he said to me, 'Hey, we need to get moving. These bitches are getting truculent.' I remember saying to myself, 'Truculent? Really?'"
– the SEAL Team 6 member who killed Osama bin Laden
February 12, 2013"The Barack Obama gang believes in we the sheeple and actually is attempting to re-implement the tyranny of King George that we escaped from in 1776. And if you want another Concord Bridge, I got some buddies. [Obama] is an evil, dangerous man who hates America and hates freedom. And we need to fix this as soon as possible."
– Ted Nugent, official GOP guest at President Obama's State of the Union address tonight
February 11, 2013"They're a smaller country, and they've got lots of sun. Right? They've got a lot more sun than we do."
– Fox News commentator Shibani Joshi, on why Germany's solar power industry is doing better than ours
February 07, 2013"Without a free Fox, there's not a free America."
– Fox News legal analyst Peter Johnson, Jr.
February 06, 2013"He who lives by the sword dies by the sword."
– Ron Paul on the death of SEAL sniper Chris Kyle, killed by a soldier with PTSD whom he was trying to help