Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
April 06, 2011"During the flight here, between our countries, it did not escape me that Japan lies about halfway between my Alaska home and India."
– Sarah Palin
April 05, 2011"We will definitely not burn the Koran...Not today, not ever."
– Terry Jones, of the Dove World Outreach church, 9/11/10"It is not that we burn the Koran with some type of vindictive motive...We do not even burn it with great pleasure or any pleasure at all. We burn it because we feel a deep obligation to stay with the court system of America. The court system of America does not allow convicted criminals to go free."
– Terry Jones, after livestreaming the Koran's "trial""If you want to be technical, I guess we broke our word. We thought twice about it."
– Terry Jones, this week
April 04, 2011"Free speech is great, but we're in a war."
– Sen. Lindsey Graham
April 01, 2011"Maybe it says he's a Muslim. I don't know."
– Donald Trump, on Obama's birth certificate"Personally, I think it is brilliant."
– Trump advisor Roger Stone, on raising the birth certificate issue
March 31, 2011"The reason Social Security is in trouble is that we don't have enough workers to support the retirees...Well, a third of all the young people in America are not in America today because of abortion."
– Rick Santorum
March 29, 2011"Are we at war? I haven't heard the president say that we are at war. And that's why I too am not knowing do we use the term intervention? Do we use war? Do we use squirmish? What is it?"
– Sarah Palin
March 29, 2011"I am convinced that if we do not decisively win the struggle over the nature of America, by the time [my grandchildren are] my age they will be in a secular atheist country, potentially one dominated by radical Islamists and with no understanding of what it once meant to be an American."
– Newt Gingrich
March 28, 2011"I'm just asking President Obama to show the public his birth certificate. Why's he making an issue out of this?"
– Donald Trump
March 26, 2011"I hear that a new order of Knighthood is on the tapis -- O.M.G. (Oh! My God!) -- Shower it on the Admiralty!"
– British Admiral John Arbuthnot Fisher in a 1917 letter to Winston Churchill -- the earliest known use of the acronym
March 25, 2011"Exercise a no-fly zone this evening."
– Newt Gingrich, 3/7/11"I would not have intervened."
– Newt Gingrich, 3/23/11