Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
June 29, 2016"Just a continuing rape of our country."
– Donald Trump on the 12-nation Trans-Pacific Partnership
June 28, 2016"Our phones are ringing off the hook. Our social media is going nuts. We are definitely riding a wave of momentum, and we plan to ride it all the way to getting and winning a referendum on succession."
– Texas Nationalist Movement president Daniel Miller on Texit
June 27, 2016"Sexist...Racist..."
– Rep. Steve King on having a person of color or a woman on U.S. currency
June 25, 2016"[Scotland] is going wild over the vote. They took their country back, just like we will take America back. No games!" -- Donald Trump, tweeting during the Brexit vote; Scotland ended up with 62% choosing "remain"From Scottish tweets criticizing Trump for his error: "You clueless numpty." "You spoon." "You mangled apricot hellbeast."
June 24, 2016"The chance to reject today's rule by the global elite."
– Donald Trump on the 2016 presidential election
June 23, 2016"We don't know anything about Hillary in terms of religion. She's been in the public eye for years and years, and yet there's nothing out there."
– Donald Trump
June 22, 2016"I understand money better than anybody."
– Donald Trump
June 21, 2016"Ding dong the witch is dead!"
– Trump adviser Michael Caputo, tweeting in response to the firing of campaign manager Corey Lewandowski. Caputo subsequently resigned, noting that his reaction had been "too exuberant."
June 20, 2016"If we had people where the bullets were going in the opposite direction, right smack between the eyes of this maniac, that would have been a beautiful, beautiful sight, folks."-- Donald Trump on Orlando shooting"No one thinks that people should go into a nightclub drinking and carrying firearms. That defies common sense. It also defies the law."-- chief NRA lobbyist Chris W. Cox"I don't think you should have firearms where people are drinkiing."-- NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre"
June 19, 2016"The good news is he's been covering me for years, and it seems very few people read what he writes."
– Donald Trump on G.B. Trudeau