Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
March 13, 2012"For many that are dealing with this issue...the concept of 'choice' can really be a fallacy. Because you can't make the right choice without knowing the true impact of what you're deciding."
– Gov. Rick Perry, on signing House Bill 15 in Texas
March 12, 2012"When presented with all the information, every person can make the right choice, the only choice, life."
– Governor Rick Perry, explaining the purpose of the Texas sonogram bill to a group of pastors
March 09, 2012"It isn't far-fetched to think that the President of the United States could say, 'We need to save health care expenses -- the federal government will only pay for one baby to be born in the hospital per family, or two babies to be born per family.' That could happen."
– Michele Bachmann
March 07, 2012"If we wind up with an open convention and someone wants to throw your name into the hat, would you stop them?"
– CNN's Paul Vercammen, to Sarah Palin"Anything is possible. And I don't close any doors that perhaps would be open out there. So, no, I wouldn't close that door. And my plan is to be at that convention."
– Sarah Palin
March 07, 2012"Her sex life is active. She's having sex so frequently that she can't afford all the birth control pills that she needs."
– Rush Limbaugh on Sandra Fluke
March 05, 2012"If people were praying he would have intervened. You could pray. Jesus stilled the storm. You could still storms."
– Pat Robertson on God and the recent tornadoes
March 03, 2012"What does it say about the college co-ed [Sandra] Fluke who goes before a congressional committee and essentially says that she must be paid to have sex? What does that make her? It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute.... If we are going to pay for your contraceptives, and thus pay for you to have sex, we want something for it. We want you to post the videos online so we can all watch."
– Rush Limbaugh"Absolutely hilarious...Look, at least I didn't call her 'a woman driver.'"
– Limbaugh, on uproar over his comments
March 01, 2012"Sixty-two percent of kids who enter college with some sort of faith commitment leave without it."
– Rick Santorum"Sixty-four percent of those currently enrolled in a traditional four-year institution have curbed their attendance habits. Yet, 76 percent of those who never enrolled in college report a decline in religious service attendance."
– 2007 Social Forces study"A quarter of students (25%) say they have become more spiritual since entering college, as opposed to only seven percent (7%) who say they have become less spiritual."
– 2006 Harvard study
February 29, 2012"Maybe I should do all the talking and let him just stand there and watch me."
– Ann Romney on husband Mitt
February 27, 2012"There are some problems where you have to say, 'You know, you are going to have to figure out how to live your own miserable life because you clearly don't want to learn from me how to be unmiserable.'"
– Newt Gingrich on Afghanistan