Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
April 14, 2014"In making a decision to buy a car, I put research in there to find out what to do."
– MO state Rep. Chuck Gatschenberger, defending a bill that requires ultrasound for a woman seeking an abortion
April 10, 2014"CBS has just declared war on the heartland of America."
– Rush Limbaugh, on Stephen Colbert replacing David Letterman as host of "The Late Show"
April 10, 2014"Some people called it torture. It wasn't torture."-- Dick Cheney"If he doesn't think that was torture, I would invite him anywhere in the United States to sit in a waterboard and go through what those people went through, one of them a-hundred-and-plus-odd times."-- Sen. Angus King on Cheney"
April 09, 2014"I go about my business each day trying to avoid having to think about it."
– FL Gov. Jeb Bush, on the idea of running for president
April 07, 2014"The Founding Fathers were all many of them very involved in this and always have been."
– Kentucky GOP Senate candidate Matt Bevin, on cockfighting and dogfighting
April 07, 2014"“I've been short all my life. And if anyone wonders what my dying wish will be, they can stop wondering. That will be easy. I'll just tell them, ‘I’ll have a short bier.’”"
– Mickey Rooney
April 04, 2014"I'm not kidding you, you put him on a balcony in a military uniform, this guy is a full-fledged dictator...He's a sociopath!"
– Glenn Beck on President Obama
April 02, 2014"I am opposed to the death penalty, but to every rule there is an exception, and in this case I hope the criminals at General Motors will be arrested and made to pay for their pre-meditated decision to take human lives for a lousy ten bucks."
– Michael Moore
April 01, 2014"The equivalent of three million dump truck loads of wet earth."
– Timothy Egan on Oso mudslide
March 30, 2014"Sending a message out to people saying, 'It's okay. Stay fat. Get diabetes...Everybody dies. Lose your fingers.'"
– Joan Rivers on Lena Dunham