Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
December 05, 2010"Am I doing interviews? I thought I got to talk to the nice people. And where's our music and where's our good enthusiasm?"
– Sarah Palin, at a book signing, when the loud country music her handlers use to discourage press questions abruptly stopped
December 03, 2010"I just tweet. That's the way I roll."
– Sarah Palin
December 01, 2010"Yo being nice is my whole shit now."
– Kanye West, in a recent tweet
November 30, 2010"They're not going to let red and green into the classroom...How do you equate red and green with Jesus?...Take away the nativity scene and now you're going to take away red and green?"
– Gretchen Carlson on Fox & Friends, reporting a false story about a Florida elementary school banning Christmas colors. Five years ago Bill O'Reilly was forced to retract a similar false report about a school in Texas.
November 29, 2010"I recently won in court to stop my book 'America by Heart' from being leaked, but US Govt can't stop Wikileaks' treasonous act?"
– Sarah Palin, tweeting
November 29, 2010"We had the greatest generation. I think this is the greediest generation."
– Alan Simpson on reaction to Debt Commission proposals to reduce national debt
November 26, 2010"This is stemming from, I think, a greater problem when we're all sitting around asking 'Oh no, what are we gonna do,' and we're not having a lot of faith that the White House is gonna come out with a strong enough policy to sanction what it is that North Korea's gonna do."
– Sarah Palin
November 25, 2010"I think she's very happy in Alaska -- and I hope she'll stay there."
– Barbara Bush, on Sarah Palin"I think the majority of Americans don't want to put up with the blue bloods. And I say it with all due respect because I love the Bushes."
– Sarah Palin, in response
November 23, 2010"Do you ever wonder where the producers of American Idol come up with the seemingly endless supply of people who can't sing but are deluded enough to get up in front of a national audience and screech out a song anyway?"
– Sarah Palin, in her new book
November 21, 2010"Sometimes dictators have good ideas."
– -- failed GOP Senate candidate Sharron Angle, on Augusto Pinochets's privatization of Chilean social security