Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
May 01, 2013"We know al-Qaeda has camps over with the drug cartels on the other side of the Mexican border. We know that people that are now being trained to come in and act like Hispanic when they are radical Islamists. We know these things are happening."
– Rep. Louie Gohmert
April 30, 2013"If in 1995 you told me that in 2013, we'd have an African American president with a middle name 'Hussein,' who was just reelected to a second term in a sluggish economy, I would have said, 'Oh, he must have run against Mitt Romney.'"
– Conan O'Brien, at White House Correspondents Dinner
April 28, 2013"These days, I look in the mirror and I have to admit, I'm not the strapping young Muslim socialist that I used to be."
– Barack Obama, at the White House Correspondents Dinner
April 27, 2013"We won't survive another 1,000 years without escaping our fragile planet."
– Stephen Hawking
April 25, 2013"He's by far the most qualified man, but no. We've had enough Bushes."
– Barbara Bush, asked about Jeb seeking the presidency
April 22, 2013"I go into the office in the morning, I sue Barack Obama, and then I go home."
– Texas State Attorney General Greg Abbott, describing his job
April 21, 2013"Who wouldn't use torture on this punk to save more lives?"
– NY state Sen. Greg Ball, on Dzhokhar Tsarnaev
April 20, 2013"The global warming scientists are just Democrats, folks. They're all part of an agenda."
– Rush Limbaugh
April 19, 2013"Guns, gays and immigration -- it's too much. I can be with you on one or two of them, but not all three."
– an unnamed senator who voted against the gun control bill, to the White House
April 18, 2013"We should declare that he who is not with us is against us. We must secure Afghanistan."
– British Ambassador John MacNeill, 1839, prior to Britain's first disastrous occupation of Afghanistan