Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
April 12, 2011"I appreciate that the Donald wants to spend his resources in getting to the bottom of something that so interests him and many Americans... He's not just throwing stones from the sidelines, he's digging in. He's paying for researchers to find out why President Obama would have spent $2 million not to show his birth certificate, so more power to him."
– Sarah Palin, furthering the discredited "birther" controversy
April 11, 2011"Republicans are trying to pass leglslation to destroy the World Wide Web and they're also passing legislation to help destroy the Whole Wide World."
– Rep. Ed Markey
April 08, 2011"I will have no problem getting people to listen to me who don't like me. In fact, I have to keep giving them reasons. There are some people who listen precisely because they hate, precisely because they don't like. You gotta keep fueling that."
– Rush Limbaugh
April 07, 2011"The culture of major league baseball is a jumbo platter of deep-fried masculinity: it's like a y-chromosome throwing a bachelor party for a penis with a beard."
– Sam Anderson
April 06, 2011"During the flight here, between our countries, it did not escape me that Japan lies about halfway between my Alaska home and India."
– Sarah Palin
April 05, 2011"We will definitely not burn the Koran...Not today, not ever."
– Terry Jones, of the Dove World Outreach church, 9/11/10"It is not that we burn the Koran with some type of vindictive motive...We do not even burn it with great pleasure or any pleasure at all. We burn it because we feel a deep obligation to stay with the court system of America. The court system of America does not allow convicted criminals to go free."
– Terry Jones, after livestreaming the Koran's "trial""If you want to be technical, I guess we broke our word. We thought twice about it."
– Terry Jones, this week
April 04, 2011"Free speech is great, but we're in a war."
– Sen. Lindsey Graham
April 01, 2011"Maybe it says he's a Muslim. I don't know."
– Donald Trump, on Obama's birth certificate"Personally, I think it is brilliant."
– Trump advisor Roger Stone, on raising the birth certificate issue
March 31, 2011"The reason Social Security is in trouble is that we don't have enough workers to support the retirees...Well, a third of all the young people in America are not in America today because of abortion."
– Rick Santorum
March 29, 2011"Are we at war? I haven't heard the president say that we are at war. And that's why I too am not knowing do we use the term intervention? Do we use war? Do we use squirmish? What is it?"
– Sarah Palin