Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
January 25, 2011"You just never know if I'm packing or not packing."
– Rep. Jean Schmidt, R-Ohio, owner of a .380 ACP Bersa semiautomatic handgun, a gift from her husband
January 24, 2011"If I had a town meeting and was still in Congress, I'd invite all the Texans who have a concealed weapons license to my town meeting and I'd advertise it. Because the person who wanted to come shoot me would have to think once again about committing suicide walking into my town hall meeting."
– Former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay
January 22, 2011"When I hear Chinese or Japanese, it sounds like all the same word. And I can't comprehend anybody understanding it."
– Rush Limbaugh
January 21, 2011"The Tucson shooting should remind us why we regulate marijuana."
– David Frum
January 20, 2011"Anybody here today who has not accepted Jesus Christ as their savior, I'm telling you, you're not my brother and you're not my sister, and I want to be your brother."
– Robert Bentley, delivering a speech in a church shortly after being sworn in as governor of Alabama
January 20, 2011"A lot still needs to be done in China in terms of human rights."
– Chinese President Hu Jintao
January 19, 2011"Global Warming? Did you catch our debate at 6:15 ET? There are smart people on both sides who cite evidence of their positions, yet come up with wildly different conclusions. So which is it -- is the Earth getting warmer or not? Please try to offer some evidence of your theory, rather than just your 'hunch.' K?"
– Fox & Friends blog
January 18, 2011"For the children, you just hope the movies do well enough so you can keep them in private schools."
– Robert DeNiro, on receiving a lifetime achievement award at the Golden Globes
January 17, 2011"We have every right to go in there and frankly take all their oil and make them pay for the liberation."
– Sean Hannity on Kuwait
January 13, 2011"When you represent a district -- the home of the O.K. Corral and Tombstone, the town too tough to die -- nothing's a surprise."
– Rep. Gabriele Giffords, brushing off a 2009 incident in which a demonstrator's pistol fell out of his holster